Saturday 5 December 2015

Christmas Stockings

Hello again! So this week's festive post, as part of the mini series which started last week, is all about these Christmas stockings which you can make as a unique and special gift for someone special this year!

You are never too old to have a stocking. I receive one every year and I love the excitement that it brings. I decided this year to make some stockings as a gift for two of my friends.
They are special and unique and they can reuse the stocking as well if they wish which results in a gift that keeps on giving!

I made my stockings using some really affordable material from Ikea (links below) which is great and gave a lovely festive feel to the stockings. The possibilities for the design of your stocking are endless. The material I used isn't overly Christmas-y but you could use whatever material you think looks best.

I made my stockings using a pattern and instructions from a website I found online. There are numerous tutorials you can use but this one was good because it has no lining which reduced the cost of materials. 

I also decided to applique a design on the front of the stockings to make them more personalised and also to help me to remember whos-is-whos! I hand-sewed mine on with gold thread for a little more festivity! 

It is obviously up to you what you decide to put inside your stockings although this is also completely optional too! It would be lovely just to give the stocking which they can hang up on Christmas Eve. 

I decided to fill my stockings with little gifts which weren't too expensive but all of which I would like to receive myself.
Firstly, I bought 2 packs of 3 pairs of festive socks from Primark. These are a great gift as you can never have too many socks! And they're festive which just makes it even more fun!
Next I bought some festive earrings packs which were also from Primark. These are also a great idea as they just add a little bit of festivity to any outfit and they're just fun to wear!
I also bought them each a bath bomb from Lush which I featured back in my Lush Haul. These are great and again I would love to receive this myself!
Finally I bought them both a Santa chocolate lolly from 'Hotel Chocolat' which adds a little indulgence and luxury to the stockings. These are great as- who doesn't like chocolate?

So that sums up today's post. I hope you have enjoyed and let me know if you are now planning to give a stocking this year or let me know of any other gifts you're giving this Christmas!

Thanks for reading! :)

Items Mentioned:
 Ikea fabric used:
Lush Bath Bomb
Links unavailable for Primark products

No comments:

Post a Comment