Saturday 14 November 2015

Cream Eyeshadows

In this week's post it is all about cream eyeshadows- the item I couldn't live without in my make-up stash! They are so easy to use and create numerous effortless looks! Here are a few of mine!

This post features the cream eyeshadows from Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24HR range. These are my favourite to use hence why I have a few colours. I find that they are great on their own but are even better when an eyeshadow is layered on top of them.

 First up is the shade 65-Pink Gold. This was my first purchase from the collection and as you can see I have used this one quite a lot. This is a lovely pink shade with gold undertones as the name would suggest. The colour on the eyes is a lot less vivid than it appears in the pot and goes on very sheer. I will hardly wear this one on its own but use it as a base/primer for pink-y or purple tone eyeshadows. It makes them last ten times longer than they would on their own.

Next is another from the same range and is in the shade 70-Metallic Pomegranate. This is a gorgeous shade and I love to wear this. To me this screams Autumn and Winter and I think this would look great for those festive parties! It is a deep burgundy colour with gold shimmer. In the post where this product was last featured, I mentioned how I was struggling to apply it effectively. However, now I think I have cracked it! I start by adding layers slowly and pressing the product onto my eyelid instead of sweeping. I then move onto to another part of my make up- blush for example. After leaving the cream on my eyes for a couple of minutes, I take a clean eyeshadow brush and just blend the edges and apply any more, again by pressing, if needed. This is the most effective way I have found. I also take a small amount on a cotton bud under my eye just to balance the bold-ness out. I receive many compliments whenever I wear this and I just love it.

Next up is an eyeshadow from their Leather Effect range. Still part of the Color Tattoo 24HR range, this still has amazing lasting power, in fact even better than the other two I have. This is in the shade Creamy Beige 98. This is a plain matte light brown. I love to wear this one with a golden-y brown eyeshadow over the top. This is the quickest look to achieve as this product can be easily applied and blended with fingers and creates a lovely base which is still noticeable even when worn on its own. I was given this as a give last year and I have loved it ever since!

I love all of these products and I highly recommend you go give them a look! They are so quick and easy and are create effortless looks. Whilst wearing the Metallic Pomegranate once, my friend commented saying it must have taken me hours but I laughed and told them only a few minutes! They were impressed and I think you will be too!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this week's post! Don't forget to spread the word of The Chatty Mouse if you enjoy my blog! Thanks! : )

Products Mentioned:


No comments:

Post a Comment