Saturday 12 November 2016

Magic Mascara!

So in this week's post I thought we would bring it back to basics and talk about an obvious, yet miraculous, part of nearly everyone's make up bag- mascara! This past week I have re-discovered a mascara I put away nearly a year ago and now I am a huge fan!

This is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. I was bought this last Christmas after wanting to try it because of the hype it received across blogs and Youtube.

However, after being so excited to try it, I was utterly disappointed in it and after giving it a proper go I decided I definitely wasn't a fan and stopped using it. I heard that some people head left it for a while to dry up slightly and then it was better so I kept this thought in mind. However, it has nearly been a year and I completely forgot all about it until I had a proper look through my dressing table one day this week and re-discovered it.

I knew why I didn't like it and was skeptical to try it again. Although, as it was a gift, I really wanted to give it another shot. For me, it made my lashes too thick and was clumpy. I prefer my lashes to be separated and lengthened and am not too keen on mega volume. 

Earlier on this week though, I loved it! It gave my lashes the right amount of volume and, with a light hand, it makes my lashes look full and lengthened as well as separated! I can build up the layers for a more dramatic look and I am loving using it. It makes a change from my other Rimmel mascara which is beginning to dry up a bit too much and I am enjoying using a pretty much brand new mascara!

I would thoroughly recommend this product if you have the same wishes for your lashes as me! As mentioned before, I use a light hand to apply this as I think the more heavy handed you are the more clumpy it can get and it can group your lashes together instead of separating them out. 

And that sums up this week's post! I hope you have enjoyed it and leave me a comment below if you have made any re-discoveries this week- I would love to know. Also, go and like my Facebook page linked below where you can be notified when I upload a new post each week!
Thanks you for reading and I'll see you next week! :)

Product/Site Mentioned:


No comments:

Post a Comment