Saturday 21 January 2017

Beauty Newbies!

So in the first official post of 2017, I thought I would share with you some new additions that I have bought or have been given recently. 

Not only is this a good time of the year because of the sales that conquer all the shops, but it was also my birthday at the start of this month and being just after Christmas, some new additions were inevitable!

Starting with some things I received for Christmas, which scarily feels ages and ages ago, I was so happy when I unwrapped a Tanya Burr Lipstick in the shade Pink Cocoa. I had put this on my list and was so happy when I received it. The colour is so much better than I had imagined and is the perfect daytime nude with tones of brown, meaning you can build it up for the evening too. 

Also for Christmas, something I didn't ask for but was so happy to receive it, was the Revolution 144 Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette Collection 2017. I mean, 144 shades! There is definitely lots to choose from in this palette and you can create so many looks. The vast majority of the shades are shimmery, which are my favourite. There is a few I think I won't be using, just because they're just a little bit bright, but the rest I am loving using. They last a reasonable amount of time and I am a big fan of a shimmery colour all over the lid with some mascara- perfect!

In the sales after Christmas, I found possibly my best sales buy ever! I had asked for the Zoella Secret Scenta for Christmas but my sister said she had had no luck finding it anywhere, as they had all sold out. However, when I walked in to my local Superdrug, there it was on sale! I didn't hesitate in the slightest and I am so glad I bought it! My favourite has got to be 'Let's Spritz!' as you can see from the picture! However, I am really disappointed by 'Bake My Day'. I really really dislike the smell and have been unsuccessful in trying to find someone who does so I can give it to them. I really like all the other 3 though and will definitely be buying some bigger bottles soon!

I was so lucky to receive this for my birthday! This is the MAC Matte Lipstick in the shade Velvet Teddy. I've never owned a matte lipstick, let alone a MAC one! This is a lovely lipstick, the colour is a browny nude again but is darker than the Tanya Burr one. I love wearing it and it's a really special addition to my make up.

The most recent addition is a foundation. Now if you know me, you'll know I don't wear foundations- I much prefer BB creams and have been using my Garnier one now for the last few years. However, disaster struck when my BB cream ran out completely- and I mean completely. I went to repurchase another one and they didn't have my shade in stock or online! I knew I had to get something to wear the next day and I had heard good things about the L'Oreal True Match Foundation so I bit the bullet and jumped back on the foundation bandwagon. I haven't used a foundation in years so was apprehensive, but oh my gosh they're so good! I was so used to the lack of coverage from a BB cream, that this seemed like a miracle to me! I hardly needed any concealer and I felt really nice on my skin- not heavy like I had imagined it to be. Colour wise- it's not perfect and is a little too dark but once I blend it all in, I think I can get away with it!

So that sums up all my new additions that I am very grateful that I received, as well as those I bought myself. I hope you enjoyed the first official post of 2017 and let me know your new additions in the comments below- I would love to read them! :)

Products Mentioned: 
(more expensive now as I think it was a Christmas set in Superdrug)
(more expensive as it was a limited edition Christmas set) 


No comments:

Post a Comment