Saturday 28 January 2017

January Favourites

So scarily January has now pretty much been and gone! It's gone really quickly for me and my birthday seems ages and ages ago! I've had a great month though and I thought I would share with you some of the things I have been enjoying.

So there's a bit of a mix this month with fashion, beauty and some random bits!

Let's start with fashion. This month and towards the end of December I have been wearing this jumper from Next whenever I've had the chance! I received it for Christmas after putting it on my list and I was so happy when I opened it. It is the warmest jumper I own without a doubt and is perfect for wearing out or around the house. I love the pattern and the contrasting knit styles and it's something a bit out there for me but I just love the colours and how different it is to anything else I own. 

Next up is a bag and purse that I bought back in late December. I bought these from Peacocks, a brand I have never shopped in before. I love these so much and the purse is a step-up from my previous one which was starting to look a bit worse for wear. The purse was £6 I think and the bag was £12 and I am really enjoying using them. I use the purse all the time and I bought the bag as my 'nights out' bag as I didn't really have one that was suitable. 
The purse has a fake snake skin effect and then a fake suede effect at the top of the purse with a gold rectangular bar. The purse has lots of room for notes and cards as well as a little zip compartment, I use for loose change.

The bag is black fake leather and is fairly small in size, only really big enough to fit a purse and phone in- which is all I wanted it to hold. It has gold detailing with a gold chain at the base of the strap. The bag also has a detachable little purse at the front which I use for bits and bobs like tissues.  
I love this little combo, although I haven't used them together as the purse only just fits in the bag and it's a bit big for when I'm going out.

Next up is a pair of boots I bought in the early sales back in December. I was on the hunt for some new boots for a while and when I saw these in Dorothy Perkins I decided that these would be the ones! They are an odd colour to describe but are kind of a brown, grey, khaki-ish colour. I really, really like them and they're comfortable to wear and go with black or blue jeans. They are your typical Chelsea boot style and are a classic which will never go out of style!

My last fashion favourite is this pair of matching hat and scarf. I also bought these from Peacocks at the end of December and I have been wearing them non-stop. I needed a new infinity scarf as my old one had stretched and wasn't keeping me as warm anymore. This one is a chunkier knit and I love the burgundy colour- great for winter! I bought the bobble hat as I just wanted a new one! No real excuse except I just really liked the colour! I have worn these loads and the hat keeps me nice and warm on dog walks.

 Next up is something you would have already seen if you read last week's post. This is the Revolution Eyeshadow Palette with a whopping 144 shades! I have loved using this this month and I love just wearing one shade all over the lid with some mascara! The colours are lovely and I pretty much have worn nothing else on my eyes this month!

This is also something that featured in last week's post. It is the Let's Spritz mini body spray from Zoella. I love the smell of this and I use it quite a lot (as you can see!). The only thing I would say is that the smell doesn't last a long time and if I did touch up on this throughout the day, I certainly would have run out by now!

Next up is another feature from last week's post but I had to feature it in this week's post as I just love it so much! It is a dream formula which isn't drying at all and lasts a reasonable time. It is the perfect daytime colour for me and I just love wearing it! The shade is Pink Cocoa and is just truly lovely to wear.

Two things from the shower now. Firstly, I have been really enjoying the Aussie Mega Shampoo this month. It leaves my hair feeling really fresh and clean and as it claims on the bottle, it doesn't build up in my hair like I feel other shampoos do sometimes. It has a lovely smell and I will certainly be repurchasing it again soon along with the matching conditioner. For my body, I have also been loving the Nivea Orange Shower Cream. The smell of this is just amazing and I love it. It leaves your body really soft and without a doubt I will be repurchasing it very soon!

Now this probably has to be the most exciting favourite of the month! I bought The Body Shop's Tea Tree Night Lotion as a replacement for their tea tree stick applicator as I found I was using it up too quickly considering how much it was. This was £10 and I can already say that it is worth the extra bit of money as it is lasting me a whole lot longer! This is a night lotion that provides light moisturising to your skin whilst you sleep, helping to fight and prevent spots too. I love using this and I have definitely seen an improvement in the smoothness of my forehead which is where my spots are the worst. It has a slight cooling effect too so is comfortable to wear, as well as the smell which I personally love! I wouldn't say it has got rid of every single spot on my face and hasn't drastically prevented any spots coming as I have had a few but if my forehead likes it then I like it!

So finally, we have a bit of an odd favourite. These are some Stabilo Pens which I was sad enough to put on my list for Christmas and boy was I happy when I unwrapped them! They are just great if you're weird about your pens like me as they are felt tip pens but with a fine nib! Groundbreaking I know, but these just make revision and work that bit more exciting- if you're a bit sad like me! The colours are great and honestly I love them so much!

So that sums up all my favourites for January. I would also like the say a big thank you to all of my friends and family who all gave me lovely presents for my birthday that I love to bits as well. 
I hope you have had a lovely January and a happy 2017 so far! Let me know any of your January favourites in the comments below! :)

Products Mentioned:
Next Jumper (no longer available)
Peacocks Bag (no longer available)

No comments:

Post a Comment