Saturday 10 October 2015

Taking Care Of My Hair!

In this week's post I thought I would share with you my current hair routine and all the products I like to use as well.

A bit of background information before we begin. I have normal to oily hair and I do not experience my hair being dry or damaged! Obviously if you have different hair to me then these products may not be as exciting to you as they are to me!

Yay- boring stuff over!

So how can we not start with what I wash my hair with? My shampoos and conditioners will change constantly as offers come and go in shops. However, often I will find a keeper and one which I know I'll come back to again. This is one of those keepers!
These are the Garnier Ultimate Blends The Silky Smoother Shampoo & Conditioner. The smell of these is simply heaven in a bottle. It could come from the hairdressers as it smells that luxurious and special. With ingredients such as vanilla milk and papaya, you're probably struggling to imagine the smell but oh boy do they smell nice!
They leave my hair feeling really soft and also smelling good too and is it just me who likes to be able to smell their shampoo even after you've dried you hair? You definitely get that with these!

If my hair is feeling like it needs a bit of a pick-me-up then I like to use some extra products on my hair. As heat protection, I occasionally use the L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Heat Protect Styling Spray Ideal For Blow Dryers. You might of freaked out when you read the word 'occasionally' but it's true. I don't like to use a heat protector every time I wash my hair as after a few continuous uses, it can leave my hair feeling a bit heavy and in need of a deep wash. I use it if I know I'm going to be applying extra heat such as straighteners or curlers. I do really enjoy this product when I use it. It leaves my hair feeling really soft but doesn't take away the volume of a blow dry but enhances slightly.
If I'm feeling particularly fancy then I reach for my L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil. This smells incredible also and really is a speciality for my hair. With extracts of 6 flowers, it promises to produce 'sumptuous softness', 'luxurious shine' and leave a 'weightless touch'. I agree with all of these as it does leave my hair feeling super fancy and luxurious. I use one pump along the ends of my hair- never taking it onto my roots!

I will blow-dry my hair every time I wash it. I am unlucky enough to be one of those people who can't just 'air-dry' their hair. Mine is too thick and I don't have a lot of patience. This hairdryer makes the whole process a lot easier- in my opinion. This is the BaByliss Turbo Shine hairdryer and is super light! It has the normal of 3 heat settings and dries my hair quite quickly. It's a simple tool but one of my essentials!

Moving away from all the luxuries, we now come to the basics and my essentials. Firstly there is dry shampoo. I like to use the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the Original scent. It's a classic but I do like the finish it gives. I recently also tried the COLAB Dry Shampoo and I am a fan although my only criticism would be that it takes it bit more product to make my hair look decent.
In the shower after applying my conditioner, I like to use a shower comb just to comb through the lengths of my hair to make sure that every hair has absorbed as much conditioner as it needs and also to reduce knots when it comes to drying my hair. I find it makes a big difference and I would never miss this step out!
And finally, when I'm not washing my hair I like to wear a shower cap to keep my hair dry! Yes this is odd to discuss shower hats but we're going there! Mine is from Soap and Glory and it was birthday present last year and I love it! Its not too tight and doesn't compress my head at all!  

So that sums up how I take care of my hair! Thank you for reading and don't forget to check back next Saturday for a brand new post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment