Sunday 18 October 2015

Seasonal Nails

In today's post I thought that I would write another post to do with the season of Autumn- after all it is one of the best! Today it's all about nails so I hope you enjoy!

If you want to see a full in depth post on my typical manicure routine then here's the link for a post I did back in July showing you how I treat my nails to a full on manicure.

Today's post however, will just be showing you the ail polishes I like to use during these colder months. As you can see from the images- the theme is darker colours except the nude. 
Let's get started!

This first colour is your traditional berry pink/red. This is a lovely colour and is from No 7 and is in the shade Damson Dream.This is a lovely colour for autumn but also will lead you into the festive season nicely. From the bottle it looks intensely shimmery but in fact it is a lot more subtle but is great for daytime wear or for parties! The wear on this is OK but it dries quickly which is a bonus for me!

Next up is a colour you wouldn't expect to see in an Autumn themed post. However, this polish is great all year round and in Autumn especially. This is the Rimmel Salon Pro By Kate in the shade Soul Session. What's different about this nail polish is the fact that it is just that little bit darker than all of your other nudes. This is a very versatile colour and I even wore this to my Prom back in the summer. It lasts a great amount of time and dries in a reasonable time too. A definite recommendation from me!

Next up is a polish who's colour screams Autumn to me! This is the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in the shade Plum's The Word. This is a polish I bought last year, fulfilling my desire for the perfect autumn colour. I absolutely love the colour, however the quality of the polish, in my opinion, is rubbish! It chips so easily and doesn't even last a day. I would have to buy a brilliant top coat if I wanted to save this one! I did buy it from a discount store so maybe that's a reason why. However, I love the colour so just can't chuck it away!

 Next up is one you may recognise if you read my recent 'Make-up Mixups' post. This is a beautiful nail polish from Barry M and is in the shade Raspberry. The colour is, well, a raspberry colour as the name would suggest. I have worn this a couple of times since I re-discovered it and I have had many compliments. Barry M are famous for the nail polishes which are of a good quality and last a decent amount of time and don't chip terribly. I have owned many in the past and this is just one of my more recent discoveries.

So that sums up what my nails like to wear during this season!
I hope you enjoyed today's post and let me know what your nails are rocking!
: )

Products Mentioned:
No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour- 'Damson Dream' 
Rimmel Salon Pro By Kate Nail Polish- 'Soul Session'
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Colour- 'Plum's The Word'
Barry M Nail Paint- 'Raspberry'

No comments:

Post a Comment