Saturday 3 October 2015

Empty Products

In this week's post I thought I would share with you some products which I have finished up recently and my opinions on them!

It may seem a bit odd looking at what essentially is my rubbish, but generally if I finish a product I will like it or have formed a strong opinion on it which is why these posts can be helpful.

My first 'emptie' is a shampoo from Alberto Balsam. This is in the scent 'Tea Tree Tingle' and I love it so much. It is great to use in the morning to wake you up but also it good in the evenings to relax and calm you before bed. I find it makes my hair soft and shiny and also leaves my hair smelling good too! These shampoos are ridiculously cheap and also come with matching conditioners too. I have been a fan of them for a while and would also recommend the 'Juicy Green Apple' scent which is targeted for normal/greasy hair. I am definitely going to buy this again as it is such a great product!

My next empty product is my every-day moisturiser. This is from La Roche-Posay and is from their Effaclar range. This is a mattifying moisturiser but doesn't leave my skin feeling too drained or flat. It provides and excellent base for foundation but doesn't restrict the glow form any of my base products. At £14, it's not your cheapest moisturiser by a while, but I have found it has really helped with my troubled skin and is just a great product. My only fault with this is that I go through it really quickly as it is such a small bottle (40ml).

Next up is something which you will recognise from my 'Loving Lavender' post. This is the amazing Marks & Spencer's Lavender 3 in 1 Body, Room & Linen Spray. This comes from their Floral Collection of their beauty range. The time has come unfortunately where it has now run out! I love this stuff and I am gutted it has run out. I mainly use this as a room spray just before I go to sleep but sometimes to give my wardrobe a bit of a spritz too! I will definitely re-purchase this at some point but may not be soon as I am currently saving for Christmas!

Unlike the last product, this was not so exciting. This is the Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit Luxury Shower Creme. I liked the smell of this but was not keen on its consistency or the way it left my skin feeling. The consistency was like jelly and didn't lather exceedingly well. It left my skin feeling a bit tight and not moisturised at all. Overall, I did not find that using this shower gel was a luxury at all.

Next are 3 hand creams which I have recently. I always use hand creams and therefore I get through them quite quickly. Recently I have finished a Mini Cath Kidston Wild Rose Hand Cream, a Almond Hand and Nail Cream from The Body Shop and another from Cath Kidston but in the Rose scent. All 3 were very nice although my favourite had to be the one from The Body Shop. They all sank in quickly but The Body Shop one just left my hand feeling that little bit more soft. I will definitely be looking for a new hand cream but I will always consider these. Unfortunately, both the Cath Kidston ones were limited edition sets but similar ones are available (see below).

These makeup wipes from Johnson's also were finished recently. These are my favourite makeup wipes and I love them to bits and will be repurchasing very soon. They are not too harsh for my skin and have the correct amount of moisture so they don't pull my skin and cause it to be dragged. These are the Clear Skin wipes and remove waterproof make up well too.

Finally we have a makeup product. This is the Garnier BB Cream for Sensitive Skin in the shade Light. I love this product which you will know if you have read previous posts of mine. The consistency is thick and whipped-like but is thin and light on the skin and gives a lovely natural glow. I recently finished by first bottle so decided to repurchase a new one. However, when I compared my new bottle to my old one, firstly, the packaging had changed which I now prefer, but also the shade has become lighter even though it is still the same shade- 'Light'. For me, this is a good thing as I found my previous bottle to have a slightly more orange tint but now that seems to have gone. I would still highly recommend it though as it is my every-day base product now!

So that concludes this tour of what I have chucked away recently! I hope you have enjoyed reading and leave me a comment below of what you would like to see next! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment