Saturday 26 September 2015

Make-up Mixups

Even though autumn has just begun, I am already mixing up my make-up to welcome the arrival of the new season. Here's a few of my favourites mix ups!


Starting with eyes, I love to crack out this palette especially if I'm going out in the evening. From the Body Shop, it was a gift last Christmas and it is in the shade 02 Smokey Plum. I love all the colours but especially the top right for a hint of intense shimmer in the centre of the eye or the bottom left colour for the outer corner and crease. All the colours are shimmery but the deep plum in the bottom right has the least amount and is good for the extra 'wow' along the outer lash line. After reseacrhing online, I have found that these were part of the Christmas Collection in 2013 so are not available now but similar ones are still sold. (see below)
 
 This is a fairly new discovery for me as I bought it recently. I have worn Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24 Hr in Metallic Pomegranate a couple of times just on its own, across the whole lid and a little underneath the eye, and every time I've had many compliments. It is a bit of a bold colour and it's definitely not natural but the red-ness just screams autumn to me! It's lovely and shimmery although I haven't quite found the best way to apply it yet!

Another addition to the eyes is this mascara from Rimmel. The Extra 3D Lash Mascara is really, really nice. It makes lashes long and volumized but not too heavy. I am definitely more a fan of lengthening mascaras over volumizing as I don't like lashes to look too thick with mascara.

 Moving away from eyes and onto skin, autumn is no excuse to put the BB cream away. I wear mine all year long as I love the dewy look it gives- and who says you can't look dewy in winter! This has featured in recent posts but I just love it so much! I recently purchased a new one and am glad I did, as I don't think I will go back to foundation easily! Mine is the formula for sensitive skin and is by Garnier. I love the coverage although I do always add a bit extra concealer.

As part of my mix-ups, I have recently discovered my 'autumn blusher' as I call it. From Natural collection, it is a bit darker than all of my other blushers but still is quite natural. Throughout summer I was using a cream blusher so it is nice to go back to basics with a good old powder blusher. The shade of this blusher is Peach Melba and costing £1.99, it's a bargain!

 Onto lips. Of course now is the time to bring out the dark plums and reds but during the day it can be a bit too bold for me. However, these lip stains are my new go-to lip products. They are not drying but stay on for a long time and do not cling to any dry patches (we all have them!)
 Both are very similar shades except the Max Factor one in the shade 05 is more brown toned and gives a darker finish. Unfortunately I believe that this has been discontinued as I cannot find it online. The other stain though by 17 hasn't. This is more of a bright red colour and I wear this one more during the day. The shade of this one isn't actually on the packaging which is a bit useless but it has a balm on the opposite side too!

Finally for lips we have my most favourite lipstick ever! This is from Maybelline and is from their ColorSensational range. This shade, Hollywood Red, is beautiful and I love it to bits. It is great just to dab on for the daytime or to layer up for the evening! It also smells lovely too!

Finally, moving away from make up, I have loved wearing this nail polish as autumn arrives. From Barry M, the king of nail polishes, this polish screams autumn and dare I say it- CHRISTMAS! Having never worn a colour like this before, I thought I wouldn't like it but I have been wearing it now for the past few days and I love it! The shade of this is Raspberry and the colour is exactly what it says on the tin!

No comments:

Post a Comment