Monday 14 September 2015

Loving Lavender!

In today's post it's all about lavender! I have been loving it recently in all forms and here's why...

 When we visited Jersey, along with many other places, we visited the iconic 'Jersey Lavender'. Unfortunately, when we visited all of the lavender was out of season and had died down for the upcoming winter. However, the gift shop still was bursting with everything you could want in a lavender scent! 


There was loads to choose from- lavender bubble bath, lavender soap, lavender spray, lavender pillows- the list is endless. Of course I had to purchase something up as a souvenir and because they smelt so good and were unique. 

I picked up the original Lavender Soap. It came all wrapped up and enclosed in a small box. The soap itself is lovely and I am dreading the day it runs out. I use it as a hand soap rather than a body soap as I fear it will run out quicker otherwise.

From the gift shop, I also purchased a birthday card with real cuttings of lavender which made the gift even more special.

My Mum also bought the Lavender and Rosemary Shower Gel. It smells incredible and is great if you have an evening shower to make you feel relaxed and ready for bed or it is a nice way to wake yourself up a morning shower. A little goes a long way but to be honest, that's a good thing as again I don't want it to ever run out! 

In the same scent, my Mum also bought the matching soap. Again, it came beautifully wrapped and in a small box except this one is green in colour. It smells lovely and refreshing!

Moving away from Jersey Lavender, another lavender favourite of mine comes from Marks & Spencer's beauty range.  Part of their floral collection, the Lavender 3 in 1 Body, Room & Linen Spray smells lovely again and is great for many reasons. I love using this as a room spray just to spritz in my room before I go to sleep. The smell really relaxes you and I always use it if I am in need of a good night's sleep. Also, I have had a minor cold the last few days and this has really helped me to drift off and forget about the bunged up nose! I have also used this a couple of times in my wardrobe just to freshen things up and it works a treat! 

I used to think that the floral collection in Marks and Spencer's was designed with the older woman in mind, but now I am addicted and am tempted to buy some more, especially from the lavender collection. 

I hope you have enjoyed today's post and leave me a comment below of any lavender products you have tried! :) 

Products Mentioned:

No comments:

Post a Comment