Saturday 20 February 2016

Most Worn- Winter 2015/16

As winter draws to a close I thought I would share with you what I have been wearing the most during this season and why.

1. Tops
Let's start with something that I wear every day and like to change every day as well. Obviously, winter is the coldest season of the year so it seemed a no-brainer to include the tops that were the warmest for this time of year and therefore I wore the most. 
Grey Long Sleeve Swing Top
 This top from Primark was worn countless times, as I find it just warm enough but not too hot as I hate to be too hot. It is loose and flowy so doesn't cling to every part of your chest. It is a basic but would be great for layering if the weather got even colder.

 Cream Rose 3/4 Sleeve Top
 I actually bought this top in the January sales from Dorothy Perkins. Although, it is a fairly new addition to my winter wardrobe, I love it and it is one of my favourite tops. The rose detail at the top makes it that little bit more special and the sleeves make the top that little bit cooler in case you get too hot. I have received many compliments for this top and am glad I can call it my own!

Hollister Oversized Sweater
Next up is by far the comfiest thing I have been wearing this season. This is a oversized warm sweater from Hollister which I bought back in November and have worn it tons since. Hollister isn't a cheap brand but I only buy pieces from there which I know I will wear a lot. When it comes to designer clothing, I don't like to 'pay for the logo' as my Mum says! However, although the name of the the brand is displayed on this sweater, it isn't as bold and in your face as others. I don't want people to think I am showing off by wearing a designer brand- I'm just wearing it because I generally like the piece.

2. Party Time!
I didn't attend loads of parties this season but in winter, I like to wear more tops as opposed to skirts and dresses for my occasion wear.

Navy Sparkly Top
I love this top and it reminds me of when I was little and I had dresses in this fabric with a slight velvet feel. This is a wonderful top and I wore this just with jeans and heels. It was very comfortable and was from New Look and the last one in my local store! The neckline and sleeve style are effortless and I think that it will never go out of style.

3. Shoes
There is an outright winner when it comes to winter shoes and what else could it be except the humble boot. Coming in a variety of styles and heel heights- this is all I have been wearing this season.

Black Faux Suede Boots
 I bought these back in September from Primark and to be honest, I don't think I will be buying boots from there again. They were good and for the amount I wore them, they did last fairly long. They are black Chelsea-boot-style faux suede boots with stripe and buckle detail. They were comfy but not great for long distances but I didn't expect them to be! They scuffed easily and eventually became full of holes and eventually I had to replace them. However, I really liked how they looked and weren't too pricey at £15. 

4. Coat 
When it comes to my winter coats, I had been wearing the same one for 5 years, so I thought it was about time I bought a new one!

Black Leather-Look Coat
I bought this one from Tesco back in November, I think, and I love it and have worn it every day since. It is a leather-look long-ish coat with gold detailing and a furry lining which is lovely and warm. It did come with a faux fur attachment but I took it off as it looked a bit odd on me!

5. Accessories
I love to add just that bit extra to an outfit as it just completes it and in most cases makes me a little warmer! These are some of which I have been wearing the most this season!

Reversible Dotty Scarf
I bought this scarf in the January sales as I was in need of a thicker, warmer scarf as somehow I had managed to make my through the majority of the winter without one! I love this one and it is from Accessorize. I think it was £14 or £15 which is more than I would normally pay. However, I thought the colours and pattern is timeless so I know I will get numerous wears out of it and I have so far!

Chunky Knit Bobble Hat

I have worn this hat nearly every single day since I got it a couple of years ago. And I have certainly worn it every day of this season. I wear it when I take my dog out on a walk in the evenings. I look a bit ridiculous in it but I wouldn't go out without it! I really like the colours in this and the bobble gives some added fun! This was from Primark, as I said, a couple of years ago but the bobble hat is still available in pretty much any shop!

Cath Kidston Side Bag
I cannot express my utter love for this bag enough! I asked for it for Christmas and was so grateful and excited to receive it. I take this with me when I'm doing a bit of shopping as it is the perfect size to fit my purse and phone in. The pattern of this is lovely and I love the bold leather strip at the bottom and the leather strap which is adjustable too. I love Cath Kidston as a brand and am always browsing their website of what to save up for next!
 
So that sums up what I have been reaching for in my wardrobe the most this season. I hope you have enjoyed and if you did then let me know by leaving a comment below or dropping me an email to my new email address at thechattymouse@gmail.com

Thank you for reading and have a good day!
x

P.S Thank you to one of my best friends for taking the pictures and putting up with me! 

Products Mentioned:
Hollister Oversized Sweater
Similiar New Look Navy Sparkly Top

These were the only items which I could find on their websites!
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!


No comments:

Post a Comment