Saturday 6 February 2016

January Favourites

So as 2016's first official post, I thought what better way to start than with a few of the things I have been loving in the month of January!

2016 has so far been good to me and I have been trying out a lot of new things- especially in the make-up department.

First up is something I have been wanting to try for a long time. This is the Seventeen Easy On The Eye Palette in the shade 'Birthday Suit'.
I have been absolutely loving this palette ever since I received it as a Christmas gift. I wear it at least 3 times a week and I think an eyeshadow palette couldn't sum me up more. This palette is very similar in tones and shades to the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay. However, I shall go into more detail in an upcoming post of the different shades and looks you can achieve. (Keep an eye out for that one!)

Next, is another eyeshadow palette, whilst we're on the theme, and this one is from Collection and is their Uncovered Palette in the shade Nude Bronze.
I love golden eye looks so I put this on my birthday wish list and was thrilled to receive it! You can surprisingly create numerous looks, but this again will be featuring in an upcoming post.

Another palette I have used ever since receiving it is the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Peachy Glow Cheek Palette.
I was on the look out for a bronzer for a while and found the whole idea a bit daunting, but after seeing myself a little paler in the mirror, I decided to ask for this for Christmas and was so lucky to receive it! I love the way that just a little sweep can make you look all that much healthier. The 3 shades all compliment each other wonderfully and I admit, I have become a little highlighter-obsessed! I would definitely recommend this and now I never miss it out of my make-up routine.

This has been another favourite of mine this month and is the Miracle Moist Shampoo from Aussie
This smells like a DREAM and honestly it will make your hair smell incredible. However, I did find it a little heavy on my hair and I definitely had to use a bit of the old dry shampoo the next day. I also tried the Mega range and this was also lovely.

A little fact about me, is that I LOVE hand cream! To some it may seem like a 'meh' gift to receive but to me I couldn't be happier. I use hand cream all year long and I am always up to trying more. These are Cath Kidston hand creams from their Flora range.
These smell lovely, as you would expect, and sink in quickly and just leave my hands feeling super soft and lovely. It sounds a bit weird to drivel on about hand creams but honestly, these had to appear in this month's favourites otherwise I would be lying!

Next up is one from the shower, and this smells lovely and leaves my body feeling super soft. This is the Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena body wash.
I received this as a birthday gift as part of a set along with another body wash. There isn't really a lot to say about this body wash except it was lovely, smelt incredible and I would definitely buy it again!

Next up is something that I use everyday. This is the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
I love this sooo much and honestly couldn't do my make-up without it. I use this to blend in my BB cream which I wear and also my concealer. In my opinion, it is better than any brush and makes any face make-up look natural. I even use this after I have applied blusher or bronzer if I have gone a little overboard!

I also received this journal for my birthday and I am now using it to plan for this blog.
I kept meaning to buy one, but never got round to it so I am determined to keep using this one in order to keep this blog going! I believe this is from Paperchase which do lovely diaries and stationary.

I think this is the first book that I am generally excited to read every night and it is The Glam Guide by the Youtuber and blogger- Fleur De Force. Honestly, I love reading this and it covers everything that interests me from skincare to fashion and even touches on relationships and self confidence. You can expect to see more of this as I have another blog post planned for this to appear in.

Next is a make-up wipe which I never thought I would go back to. These are the Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes.
Now I know that make-up wipes are a cheat's way of removing make-up but in reality, I don't have time for a full on cleanse although I do always wash my face afterwards anyway. I used to really dislike these wipes and much preferred the 'Johnson's' ones. However, after receiving them in my stocking, I gave them another go and now I don't think I will go back. These remove my eye make-up way more effectively than the other ones and also leave my face feeling less greasy. They are simple and cheap and I will definitely continue to buy and love them.

This was also a Christmas gift and I love wearing it. This is the Ted Baker Lip & Cheek Tint.
It is a beautiful golden rose shade and although, for me, it is a little too bright on the cheeks, it is lovely on the lips and is really balmy and feels nourishing. This came as part of a gift set so I am unaware as to whether this can be bought separately.

Next up is something I have had for a while, but have never mentioned it on this blog before now. This is the Soap & Glory Face Massage Mini Mitt.
I use this normally on a Friday night to thoroughly remove any make-up before I have a completely make-up free weekend. This is great for removing any dead skin and leaves your skin feeling super soft and seriously clean. The bristles aren't hard but are soft and flexible so move smoothly around your face. To use, I just squirt a bit of my cleaner onto the bristles and then work this on my face is circular motions as much as I want! After a week of make-up, this is great to use to detox and de-clog your pores.

Last, but by no means, least is the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer.
I blooming love this concealer and think it beats the Collection one hands down. This is so much more creamier and is a perfect shade match for me. I also feel that I can wear this on its own during the summer months as it provides a decent coverage and is no way drying or heavy. It has received many good reviews online and I am so glad I bought it!

So that sums up what I have been loving in the first month of 2016. I hope you have enjoyed it if you have lasted this long (I am aware it was a bit long). Pop back next week where you'll find a brand new post! Thanks for reading and let me know in the comments what has really hit the spot for you this January. :) x


Products Mentioned:
Cath Kidston Flora Hand creams (couldn't find on Cath Kidston website)
Ted Baker Lip & Cheek Tint- (unavailable as limited edition)


No comments:

Post a Comment