Saturday 12 March 2016

Get Ready With Me: Family Meal Out

Last week I went for a meal for Mother's Day and I thought it would be fun to show you how I get ready. Enjoy!

Firstly, I decided to paint my nails with the Rimmel London Salon Pro By Kate Nail Polish in the shade 237 Soul Session.  I am a massive fan of this polish and it has featured on this blog before. I love the sophisticated nude look it gives your nails and it worked brilliantly both on my nails and my toenails too. I also applied over the top, a new topcoat I have been testing out. The Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing range is new to me and I decided the pick up the Topcoat as I was in need of a new one. So far I am liking it. It makes my nails look really shiny and makes my nails seem thick and sturdy- if you know what I mean! There are coloured polishes which are part of the range as well. The idea is that it is supposed to produce the effect of a Gel Manicure but without the use of UV light- using daylight instead. Cool concept but I shall definitely be trying some of the colours too!

Next, I decided to take a shower once my nails were dry. After showering I used the Soap & Glory Righteous Butter to moisturise my skin. I love this body butter as it smells incredible and leaves my skin feeling super soft. I only tend to use it on special occasions or when my skin is going to be on show as it can be a bit greasy sometimes. It is best applied just after you have dried yourself as it sinks into the skin quicker and leaves a nourished look and feel.

Next up was make-up which is always my favourite step! To begin my base, I applied a primer to the centre of my face. I used the Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer. This is a thick-ish white cream which is really smooth to apply and I always use it before parties or night time events just because I want my make-up to look that little bit better. I really like this and it gives a matte finish but one that isn't flat. It also claims to brighten as well so leaves skin looking glowy but under control. I then moved on to applying my trusty Garnier Original BB Cream in Light. I love this product so much and I have already spoken about it numerous times! It provides the perfect amount of coverage for me and leaves my skin looking healthy and glowy- enough said! Finally, I applied my Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Fair which I also love to bits! After recently repurchasing, I haven't stopped using it. It covers my imperfections but doesn't cake them or leave them looking dry and flaky! I applied the primer with my fingertips and concealer and BB cream using my sponge.

Next up was bronzer and blusher. I can not put down my Tanya Burr Peachy Glow Cheek Palette. I am using it everyday and today was no exception! I love the bronzer to warm up my complexion but I don't go crazy with it and don't heavily contour with it either. Recently, I have been skipping the blusher shade and using my Barry M Make Me Blush Cream in the shade 2 Rhubarb Crumble instead. This gives a more subtle blush and doesn't leave me looking too flat which a powder can sometimes. However, I always finish by using the highlighter shade in the palette which is gorgeous! Sometimes I find myself going overboard but it isn't too in-your-face- so I'm not fussed!

Next up is eyes. I change what I wear on my eyes everyday and I love experimenting with eye shadows especially, as I wear them the most. This time I used the H&M High Impact Eye Colour in the shade Paradise Lost which is a lovely browny-taupey-rosey colour with lots and lots of gold shimmer. It is gorgeous but it can be a bit too shimmery to wear during the day but at night- why not? I put this all over my lid and it leaves a lovely shimmery finish which I am all about. I also love the packaging of this. H&M are fairly new to the beauty world- but I am desperate to try more products! To add definition to my eyes I took a less shimmery light brown from the Collection Work The Colour Nude Eye Palette into my crease and outer corner. This makes all the difference to an eye look and I also take it along my bottom lash line to tie the whole look together. I have loved this palette for a long time which you can probably see from the picture! I then applied a coat of my favourite mascara which is the Rimmel London Extra 3D Lash. I am a massive fan of this as it provides great length and definition. I like my lashes to be separated and long as opposed to volumized and I feel that this is the perfect mascara for this.

Finally for make-up was lipstick. I used the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in the shade 540 Hollywood Red. Again, I love this lipstick. I wear it both in the day and in the evening and it always looks lovely. It is the perfect wearable red which you don't have to worry about when you're wearing it! It is moisturising on the lips and doesn't wear off in patches.

Next up, is my outfit for the night. I wore my Black Jeggings which are from M&S and they are super comfy yet smart enough to wear out at night. I also wore a Cream Sleeveless Blouse from Primark. It is a simple top but is smart and comfortable too. Finally, I wore my beloved Lace-Up Block Heels from Primark also. These are the perfect height for me and are practical and also fashionable. And of course they are black so go with anything!

For my hair, I decided I wanted to wear it up so I opted for my favourite up-do which is milk-maid style double braid. I plait my hair in two and take them both to the back of my head and pin in place one at a time, making sure to disguise the bobbles at both ends. It is really simple to achieve and I think gives a really nice finish. A lot of hairgrips are needed but it is worth it!

So that sums up how I got ready for a family meal out recently!
Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to leave me a comment below to say hi and I'll see you next week with another new post.

Products Mentioned:
Rimmel London Salon Pro By Kate Nail Polish- 237 Soul Session
Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Topcoat

Soap & Glory Righteous Butter 

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer- 002
Garnier Original BB Cream- Light
Seventeen Stay Time Concealer- Fair 
 Tanya Burr Peachy Glow Cheek Palette
 Barry M Make Me Blush Cream- 2 Rhubarb Crumble
 H&M High Impact Eye Colour- Paradise Lost
Collection Work The Colour Nude Eye Palette (discontinued)
 Rimmel London Extra 3D Lash Mascara
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick- 540 Hollywood Red

M&S Black Jeggings
Primark Cream Sleeveless Blouse (unavailable on website)
Primark Lace-Up Block Heels 


No comments:

Post a Comment