Sunday 17 April 2016

Chocolate Love!

This palette was definitely an impulse and spur-of-the-moment purchase but I am so happy with it though and here's a few reasons why.

Over the past few months, I had been deliberating whether or not to but the Too Faced Chocolate Palette as I have seen in everywhere recently and it looked like the kind of palette I would really like. However, I knew that the price wasn't exactly the cheapest which I suppose is one of the reasons I kept putting it off.

However, by chance I was looking around my local Superdrug and thought I would look at the Make-Up Revolution stand and just have a look, not intending to purchase anything at all. This palette instantly caught my eye. This is the Make Up Revolution I Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette. This palette reflects white chocolate but they also have 5 other 'chocolates' which all have different colour eyeshadows in. I looked at some of the others there in the shop but there wasn't a sample available of this palette. My first thought was how similar they looked to the Too Faced ones but that they probably wouldn't be as good quality.

However, I was definitely proved wrong. I went away, did some research and found that they had really good reviews. I watched a few videos of tutorials and then went back and bought the palette the next day! I have nothing like these colours in my collection and the packaging is certainly unique so I didn't hesitate as I took it to the till. It cost £7.99 which I thought was a reasonable price and definitely a fraction of the Too Faced palettes.

Moving on to colours! This palette contains mostly shimmery shades but also has some really pretty mattes which I have been experimenting with. 
 It also contains 2 large highlighting shades which are great for highlighting your inner corner or brow bone. One is a matte pinky tone highlighter- Smoothly, while the other is more of a golden shimmery highlighter- Way.

Of course all the names of the eyeshadows are chocolate related!
My favourites, and the ones which I have been wearing the most since I bought it, are Divine, Double Dip and Dipped and my favourite mattes are Milky and Choc-fest. I think that my favorite look I have worn from the palette so far is Double Dip all over the lid, which is a lovely copper-y shimmery gold with the matte Choc-fest which is a deep burgundy/brown shade in my crease and outer corner. It looked quite dramatic but still appropriate for the daytime, I thought.
 I also think that a matte colour such as Tob-le-rone or Milky would look great on their own all over the lid with a winged eyeliner look. My winged eyeliner skills aren't the best at the moment so I have not had the chance of creating this look yet!

The brush that comes with this isn't the greatest but I didn't expect it to be. I wouldn't use it to apply the eyeshadows all over the lid but I have used it to apply eyeshadow to my bottom lashes as the slightly pointed end is good for this.

And how could I forget to mention the smell! It smells like chocolate! Don't be put off though as you cannot smell it once it is on your eyes. It just adds a little something extra to this already fabulous palette. 

The staying power of these eyeshadows isn't amazing although I do not use an eye primer but instead use cream eyshadows instead as my base. Therefore, they may perform even better if you wear them over the top of an eye primer. I have also read good reviews of Make Up Revolution's own eye primer.
 
I have become extremely excited over the brand and can't believe I never properly looked at it before. I will definitely be creating a wish list very soon!

Thank you for reading and leave me a comment letting me know if you own anything from this brand. See you next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment