Saturday 2 April 2016

March Favourites

In this week's post, as April is now upon us, I thought it only right to share with you what I have been loving throughout the month of March!

So March has been a lovely month as Spring has finally sprung and the days just feel that little bit better and although, here in Britain, the clocks went forward, the days are more happier, despite the hour less of sleep, and the sun is out for longer, which is one of the reasons I love Spring and Summer.

I have tried a few new products this month starting with the Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Conditioner. I tell a lie, I actually bought this back in February but have been thoroughly enjoying it this month. I had never tried anything from Soap & Glory's hair range but thought that they might be worth a try. Firstly, the smell. It is lovely with raspberry fruit and Shea butter. It makes my hair smell lovely, which is probably the first thing I judge a product on. It claims to detangle, gloss, protect and strengthen. I can definitely agree with the detangle claim. My hair isn't particularly knotty but this just makes brushing it afterwards so much easier. Overall, I really like this conditioner, hence its appearance in this month's favourites. As always, all the links to products mentioned will be listed at the bottom of this post.

Next up strangely, is another hair product. I am normally one to just stick to hair care products. However, this month L'Oreal launched a new hair care range which I knew I had to try. This is their Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-balancing range. This concept of this range is to clean hair which is more on the greasy side without drying out the ends of the hair which often don't get greasy at all. I was so excited at this concept, as this is me in a nutshell. It's funny how no one has come up with this idea before, but I love the Re-balancing Shampoo and Conditioner. As always, the smell is amazing and they work really well together. The shampoo leaves my hair feeling really, super clean but not stripped. Whilst, the conditioner, leaves my ends feeling soft. The shampoo claims to leave hair looking good for 72 hours. I am not too sure about this, but the range also includes a dry shampoo which could add to the duration of clean hair. I use a different dry shampoo and find that my hair can last 2-3 days, 4 at a push when I use this shampoo and conditioner. I love it and have already repurchased the bigger bottle sizes! The range is also silicone-free which means that it won't weigh your hair down, as silicone is often used in hair care products to 'coat' the hair to improve shine and smoothness but can cause build up after a while and cause hair to look a bit limp and lifeless.

Moving away from hair, we come to make-up. The first favourite is something you will recognise if you have been here before. This is the Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick in the shade 200 It's A Keeper. I won't go on too much about this, as I will link the blog post I recently wrote about it at the end of the post. However, in a nutshell, it is the perfect every day lipstick which I can wear without even thinking about it! It smells lovely and I think would look incredible on probably a lot of different people.

Also, for make-up this month, I have been really enjoying wearing the Bourjois Paris Colorband Eyeshadow & Liner in the shade 04 Rose fauviste. Don't ask me how to pronounce that! I already have the lilac colour from this range but do not wear it as much as I had hoped. I picked this one up as this is more the kind of colour I tend to wear on my eyes. It is peachy gold which looks great on its own but I prefer to wear an eyeshadow over the top. The staying power is great and it is waterproof too so is one that says put! I wear this all over the lid but am yet to try is as a liner. I think it would look really pretty either on the top or bottom lash. I shall definitely be trying it out soon!

Next up, moving away from hair and beauty, we come to food! Obviously, the best part of this post! This month saw the celebration of Easter. An obvious bonus that comes with Easter is chocolate and lots of it! This month, and always throughout Easter, I have been loving Cadbury Mini Eggs and Cadbury Creme Eggs. I love them when they come into the shops, and from then on I try and eat as many as possible as they are only available at this time of year! I was lucky enough to receive a giant bag of Mini Eggs for Easter of which I have been enjoying every single packet. They are delicious and there is not much else to say except if you haven't tried one- why on earth not?!

Next up is fashion and I have worn these shoes non-stop this month and ever since I bought them! These are some trainers that I bought from Primark. Again, they were featured in a blog post I wrote a while ago, which I will link at the end of the post. They are super comfy and are just great for this time of the year when the weather is a bit hit and miss. They have a similar appearance to Nike trainers but are much less expensive and I cannot stop wearing them. They look great with jeans and just make an outfit look casual but not too laid back.

So that sums up what I have been loving in the month of March. Let me know what you have been loving this month and I will see you next week with another new post! Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment