Saturday 23 April 2016

Spring Make-up Mix-ups

The past few days here in the UK, have been so sunny and lovely that I thought it only right for me to talk about something Spring related and what other than how my make-up has been mixing up.

 First up is something I will never stop talking about! This is the Garnier Original BB Cream but this time I managed to buy the shade Extra Light! This is a much better colour match and now you can hardly see it on the skin at all. It gives a perfect glow and leaves your skin feeling glowy and healthy. I do need to use a concealer over some of my blemishes and redness as the BB cream doesn't have amazing coverage. However, this isn't a problem for me as I don't really like to wear heavy make-up, especially during these warmer months and this is the definitely one for that!

As I said before, I like to wear a concealer to hide any blemishes and redness. The one I am loving at the minute, and have been for a while, is the Seventeen Stay Time 18 Hour concealer in the shade Fair. I love love love this concealer and it is also coming to that time of year where sometimes I just want to wear this as my only base make up. It covers imperfections nicely, but sometimes needs a few layers for bigger imperfections! However, it is not drying and is a great concealer to wear on its own or over the top of foundation or in my case, a BB cream. To be honest, I can't say it lasts 18 hours as I have never worn make up for this long! It does last well though and I don't feel like I need to desperately reapply throughout the day.

Before I actually apply any of my make up, I will always use a lip balm of some sort. During the colder winter months, I tend to gravitate towards the more stronger lip balms (is that the right word?). Basically, the ones which are more moisturising but these can be too much for this time of year or am I just being fussy?! Anyway, I love this Nivea Lip Butter Raspberry Rosé for the season we're in now. Firstly, it smells like a raspberry yoghurt and leaves lips feeling and tasting nice! It also doesn't leave my lips looking too greasy. This lip balm also comes in handy when I apply my new favourite lip product (carry on reading!)

Cream products are fastly becoming a new must for my make-up routine. I am keen to try new but currently I am loving this Make Me Blush Cream Blusher from Barry M in the shade Rhubarb Crumble. I have mentioned this before, but I just think it is so worth trying as it makes you look a bit less flat if you tend to use powder products often. It also compliments the glowy-ness that the BB cream brings.

Next up is one of my newest additions to my make-up. This is the MAC Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in the shade Sweet Heat. Oh my goodness! I love this eyeshadow so much and have not been disappointed. This is not one of their normal eyeshadows which I did not realise until I got to the till! But I am still glad I picked this shade. It is described on the website as being a 'bright peach champagne' and I would agree. It is also highly shimmery which is my favoruite kind of eyeshadow. I like to wear this over the top of a cream eyeshadow and then also apply another cream brown eyeshadow to the crease and outer corner. I love wearing this duo and I definitely feel that little bit more special! All links to all the products mentioned in this post will be at the bottom if you want to go and find out a bit more as there is a more in-detail description of this eyeshadow on MAC's own website.

Next up is my new lip product which I am loving. This is a lip liner form Primark and I picked it up for only a pound! Bargain! I picked it up after hearing some good reviews and yes it is very very good. I'm not a massive wearer of lipstick but I do wear lip liners sometimes on their own. This one is a lovely pinky brown colour, very popular at the moment. It can be a little drying but to be honest I wasn't expecting complete and utter brilliance. However, I do really like to apply this to the edges of my lips and then rub a little lip balm over the top and blend onto the rest of my lips. It leaves a lovely tint to my lips which is no longer drying because of the lip balm!

Finally, we come to nails. These are my favourites to wear during these slightly warmer months. First up is a Maybelline nail polish. This is quite an old polish and I think the packaging and name has changed to the Superstay Forever Strong Professional. Mine is in the shade Golden Brown which exists in this newer range. I love this colour as it is subtle but noticeable at the same time. Being a lovely golden bronze colour it looks great in the summer but to be honest you can wear it all year round!
Next is one of the Barry M Speedy Quick Dry nail polishes which are already one of my favourites. Recently, I picked up a new shade called Lap of Honour. This is a lovely pastel pink/purple. Slightly hard to describe but definitely a great colour for spring.
Finally, is a new topcoat I have been loving. This is the Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Topcoat which I have mentioned before. Although you are supposed to wear this on top of the other polishes in this range, I find it works perfectly well on other nail polishes as well. My nail polishes are certainly lasting longer when I apply this which is a big change from when I used to not wear topcoat! Overall, 3 great polishes that I can sport on my nails this season!

 So that sums up my makeup mix-ups for the season of spring. I hope you have enjoyed it and please leave me a comment below saying what you have mixed up recently. Thank you very much for reading and I'll see you next week with another post! :)

 Products Mentioned:



No comments:

Post a Comment