Saturday 9 July 2016

Guest at Graduation

So Thursday 7th July was a very special and proud day for our family as we watched my older sister graduate with a second class honours degree! The day was lovely and it was definitely a day of memories.

So being the blogger that I am now, I thought that I would share with you all what I wore to this special occasion and also the make up I wore too.
Before we start, I would like to congratulate my sister for her journey which has now come to an end. She has worked so hard and it has been lovely to see her excited about what she has been doing for the past 3 years. I wish her all the success with her career in the future! xx

My outfit for graduation was pretty last minute but I was pleased with the finished outcome. 
First of all- my dress. This is from the brand Apricot which I bought from New Look.  It was in the sale priced at £20 which I thought was an acceptable price for a special occasion dress.
My shoes are also from New Look and I really really like them. They match the nude colour in my dress perfectly so when I spotted them, I was pretty chuffed! Originally, I did want to wear some heels but am so glad I chose the flat option now as there was so much walking, I don't think my feet would have survived! My bag that I took with me is from H&M but is years old. This is the smartest bag I own and I felt like it went quite well with my outfit.
We were lucky with the weather and it was actually quite warm throughout the whole day. I took a plain black jacket with me but only wore it right at the end of the day when it got a bit cooler.

Moving onto hair. My hair was the most time consuming as I was getting ready and the style I chose in the end was the third attempt of the day! For some reason my hair didn't want to cooperate and even these pictures show my hair not at its best- but hey, it kept it out my face. In the end I decided to do a basic bun with two plaits wrapped around it. As you can see from the picture, it wasn't the neatest I could do but it lasted alright.

Now for make-up, I was really happy with it and so I should be as I spent a lot of time on it and it almost made me late!
For my base, I would have used a primer but I only remembered once my concealer was on and I think it was a bit late then! I used my Garnier BB Cream as always as I just love the natural glowy finish it gives. I also used my beloved Seventeen Stay Time Concealer which is sadly running out! I also used my Tanya Burr Cosmetics Peachy Glow Cheek Palette and used the bronzer all over my face with the highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones. For blush I used a combination of the Barry M Make Me Blush Cream Blusher in the shade Rhubarb Crumble and the Studio Blush and Highlighter palette which I have recently rediscovered. I love the shades in this but tend not to use the highlighter as much as the blushers. I also set all of my base make up with a light dusting of the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder which is a staple although to be honest I am waiting for it to run out so I can try another one!
For my eyes, I started with eyeliner and did some flicks which took a while but were worth it if I say so myself! When I am using eyeliner I love to use the Natural Collection Liquid Eye Lines in Black. I have tried some other eyeliners which are in a pen format but I always come back to this. It's ridiculously cheap and lasts the whole day! I then put some eye shadow on and normally this would come before eyeliner but in my case I didn't want to ruin the eye shadow by making mistakes with my eyeliner so I chose to do it this way round. Firstly I used the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Eye Shadow Stick/Crayon in the shade 002 Bulletproof Beige as an all-over base colour in order to make my eye shadow last the whole day-as it was a pretty long day!
Next, I took Sun Kissed Peach from the Seventeen Easy on The Eye Palette in the shade Birthday Suit all over my lid. I then mixed this with Divine from the Revolution I Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette. I then added a little bit of Radiant Gold from the Seventeen Palette onto my eye lid. In my crease I used Choc-fest from the Chocolate Palette which is a lovely deep shade and really darkened the look. I then also took a little of this shade on my lower lash line to tie the whole look together, as I think this really helps to balance the eyes.
I then applied my favourite mascara which is the Rimmel London Extra 3D Lash mascara which isn't new around this blog!

For lips, I chose something quite simple and nude. I lined and filled in my entire lips with the Primark Lip Liner in the nude shade (it doesn't actually have a shade name). I then rubbed this in with a lip balm and blotted it with some tissue paper. I then repeated this process until I was happy with the finished look.

For my nails, I chose my go-to nail colour which is the Rimmel London Kate Moss Salon Pro nail polish in the shade 237 Soul Session. It is a beautiful colour and I have worn it on many occasions. I topped it off with a topcoat from Barry M. I used their Sunset Daylight Curing Topcoat which makes my nails last a really nice amount of time.

And that concludes this week's post! I had a wonderful day and I hoped you enjoyed reading this post. Thank you as always for reading and I hope that you have a lovely weekend!

P.S This blog officially turns 1 year old on Monday! Would you like to see any particular post to mark this occasion? :)

Products Mentioned:

Apricot Dress
New Look Nude Shoes
All of H&M Bags

Garnier BB Cream
Seventeen Concealer (Boot's Website is down so couldn't link it!)
 Tanya Burr Cheek Palette
Barry M Cream Blush
Studio Blusher and Highlighter (not available as was part of a gift set)
Rimmel London Powder
Natural Collection Eye Lines (Boot's Website is down so couldn't link it!)
Rimmel London Eye Shadow Stick
Seventeen Easy On The Eye Palette (Boot's Website is down so couldn't link it!)
Revolution I ♡ Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette
Primark Lip Liner 

Rimmel London Kate Nail Polish
Barry M Topcoat

Also a shout-out to Pepper who decided he wanted to help me take the photos of the makeup!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete