Sunday 21 August 2016

August Favourites

So I know that it's a pretty sad thing to think about, but August is coming to an end which means so is summer. However, in this week's post I thought I would share with you all what I have been loving this month. 

So August is always a good month as it is the month of the summer holidays and so far my holidays have been really good and a tiny part of me is excited to go back to school!

I'll start with more random favourites this month.
Firstly, I have been enjoying scrapbooking a lot more throughout this month. I treated myself to a new scrapbook and this time decided to buy a plain brown paper one instead of the self adhesive ones which I have had before. This means, I can add more things into my scrapbook and make it more 3D which I like the look of better. I bought it from Paperchase and it was completely plain on the cover. I drew the camera stencil myself to give it a simplistic, classic look. Buying plain scrapbook like this is significantly cheaper than buying a patterned one and it means that you can decorate it how you like!

Also, sticking on the scrapbook theme, I have been loving my new craft 'box' this month too. I bought this fabric basket from The Works for £4! I love it possibly a bit too much but honestly it is the perfect size to fit all of my crafty bits in it and everything I need for my scrapbook. I also love the fabric as it is a fake Cath Kidston pattern and if you didn't already know, I LOVE Cath Kidston! It has 3 external pockets and then also a compartment on the bottom which I use for anything I find during the month which I want to put in my scrapbook.

Now for the technology side of this favourites. In July I was able to get a new phone as my old contract had run out and I love it so much after having it for just over a month now. This is the Sony Xperia XA in Rose Gold which is an exclusive colour to Carphone Warehouse I believe. I had another Sony Xperia previously and I really liked the layout and overall design of the phone, so I thought I would stick with the make and buy a newer version. This phone is a cheaper version of the Sony Xperia X but hasn't let me down so far. The camera is pretty impressive with 13MP, so it was a massive improvement on my phone which only had 8MP. I also love the colour so much and as a result had to buy a clear case for my phone so that the colour wasn't covered up! It's a great phone and I would highly reccommend it if you're looking to get a new one soon!

Also, this month I have rediscovered my Nintendo DS! This is old school for me but after charging it up for hours as it hadn't been used in years, I bought myself a new dog on Nintendogs and started again from scratch. I have to say, I don't find it as exciting as my younger self did but it's still a bit of fun and definitely cures summer boredom for a while!

Now onto beauty.
Firstly I have been really enjoying and rediscovering my Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser. I used this a few years ago and it didn't seem to work for me at all which was when I moved onto the La Roche Posay one. However, I think that my skin has become less oily over the past few years so therefore the La Roche Posay one was becoming almost too matifying! This one feels a lot more moisturising on the skin and I have been really enjoying it. There still is a little shine at the end of the day but nothing a little bit of powder can't fix but I am generally not too bothered myself.

This month I have also been loving a shower cream from Radox. This is their Nourish Shower Cream with Shea Butter and Ginger. The smell of this is heavenly and it leaves my skin feeling pretty soft too. I love this and another great bonus is that it is nearly always on offer for £1 making my purse happy too! 

My feet have suffered a bit more this summer than normal, and as a result I have been reaching more for this which is The Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue. I love this stuff as it makes my feet really soft and smells great too. It isn't too thick and greasy so I can apply it in the morning and then apply more at night if needed for deep moisturising over night.

I have also been trying out some face masks this month as my skin seems to have improved. I have used the 7th Heaven Tea Tree Peel-Off Mask this month and it was really fun to do and left my skin feeling super soft. The results weren't drastic but I definitely noticed an improvement in the quality of my skin. Also at only £1, I didn't expect life changing results but I really enjoyed the process and it certainly didn't give me a breakout which is always a bonus! Also, I found that the I didn't use all the product in one meaning I can get more than one application out of each packet!

Now for make up. My favourite eye shadow palette to reach for this month has been my Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette. I have loved this palette ever since when I received it in January for my birthday, and this month I have especcialy been loving the shade 'Mink' which is second from the left in the picture. It is a lvoely shimmery shade which looks very natural but also noticeable at the same time. It is a very pretty shade and looks great with a brown put in the crease and outer corner too. Collection is hardly an expensive brand either but their quality is quite amazing actually.

Finally, for this month's favoruites I have another product which has appeared on this blog before. This month I have been loving, once again, my Natural Collection Lipstick in the shade Rose Bud. It is such a great colour and just goes with pretty much any eye look. It is really comfortable to wear and for only £1.99, it isn't sticky or drying so in my books it's a winner. The lasting power isn't out of this world but I wouldn't expect it to be and to be honest, I'm not too fussed if my lipstick wears off during the day!

So that sums up this week's post and this month's favourites. I hope you have enjoyed it and let me know what you have been loving this month! Thanks you for reading and I'll see you next week. :)

Products Mentioned:


No comments:

Post a Comment