Saturday 25 July 2015

My Night Time Routine

Be nosey and find out what I do before heading off to bed!

Everybody has their own little routine that they do before they go to bed- this is mine.

Before anything else, the first thing I do is get into my pyjamas and put on my big fluffy dressing gown. Next, I tie my hair up out of my face and put on a headband to keep loose hairs away!

Taking off make-up is an important step which you should never miss before going to sleep. This is because during your sleep your skin repairs itself and how can it do this if your skin is clogged up with the day's make-up? Removing your make-up is especially important if you have problematic skin too. 

To remove my make-up I use the Johnson's Makeup Be Gone Clear Skin Wipes. I really enjoy using these wipes as I find that other wipes can be too dry and can be rough on my skin. The wipes are designed for combination skin which means that all areas of your skin will be left feeling smooth. These wipes also take away waterproof mascara easily.

After taking off my make-up, I like to brush my teeth to allow all the vital minerals from the wipes to sink into my skin. I use an electric toothbrush. I am not sure of the brand of this as we have had it for so many years. However, I do know that I use the Colgate Deep Clean Whitening toothpaste. My toothpaste changes all the time but this just happens to be the one in the house at the moment!

Once my teeth are squeaky-clean, I wash my face using the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel For Oily Sensitive Skin. At £11, this face wash isn't the cheapest but saying this I have now had this same bottle for nearly 3 months! You only need a small amount and it lathers really nicely to create a soft foam. I find that this leaves my skin feeling clean and soft but not stripped. I also use a Cath Kidston Wash Mitt to rinse my face.
And that's it for my skincare at night! I only use a moisturiser in the morning but if my skin does have dry patches then I reach for my E45 Cream. This is an intense cream which moisturises to the max. I only dab this on my dry patches, sometimes just the once, and by morning these patches are noticeably more moisturised which makes my make-up apply ad look better. 

Before getting into bed I always put on a lip balm to ensure that my lips don't become dry. I am a massive fan of the Blistex MedPlus Repairing Lip Balm. With ingredients such as jojoba oil, cocoa butter and menthol it provides deep conditioning to the lips but isn't too greasy. Also it has an SPF of 15 which is an added bonus- especially if you use it in the day time. 

Finally, my hands get a treat too with the use of a hand cream. Today I used the Cath Kidston Wild Rose Hand Cream. It sinks in really quickly and does its job well. 

When I'm in my bed I like to read or make notes. I am currently reading 'Paper Towns' by John Green and to be honest, I'm not feeling the hype! Perhaps I just need to really get into it! I also enjoy to read magazines and my favourite is Look Magazine. With fashion, beauty and celebs, it has everything that a good magazine needs! :)

What's your routine like at night?
If you have enjoyed this post, let me know by leaving me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment