Monday 13 July 2015

The Weekend #1

This weekend saw my dad turn the big five zero so we celebrated with a nice long weekend.

Friday was the day my dad had been dreading as he was turning 50. I had said to him countless times that it was only a number and that it didn't actually mean anything!
Anyway he opened his presents and slumped off to work- the usual birthday tradition in our house.
Little did he know that for months we had been planning a surprise for him. My grandparents (his parents) later made an appearance and surprised him as they live far away from us. He had no clue of our plan and his face said it all!
We then went out for a meal in our local pub where I had BBQ pulled pork which is 'everywhere' according to my Grandad! Yum!
On the Saturday we all went to Alnwick Gardens- a magnificent garden with a spectacular central fountain. Luckily for us the sun was shining and the garden was bursting with colour as all the flowers were in full bloom. I had an ice cream to finish the day off and then further devoured a BBQ which was the best I had had in ages!
Sunday was short and sweet with a visit to our local garden centre and scones and tea all round. My grandparents then left to drive back home.
The birthday fun didn't stop there though! Me and my dad then went to see Jurassic World. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and really enjoyed the story. Having not seen the previous Jurassic Park movies, I couldn't compare the story line or the effects. However, I really liked it and didn't find it as scary as I thought it would be.
So that was my weekend. Quite good compared to some of the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment