Monday 31 August 2015

Jersey 2015

Recently I have just returned home from my summer holiday in Jersey. In today's post I thought I would share some photos with you of some of the places we visited during our stay.

Beaches:
We went to many beaches as they were all highly recommended to us. 
They were all spectacular despite it being a little windy.
St Ouen's Bay was definitely our favourite as we returned here later on in our holiday to swim in the sea. It was also a very popular beach where lots of people were surfing and swimming. There was also a cafe nearly called Le Braye. This was amazing and we had a breakfast there on the last day and is was sooo yummy!

Parishes:
Jersey is split into 12 parishes, all of which were very small. My favourite parish was St. Aubin. I found it very posh but also very pretty and well kept. We visited St. Aubin a few times and visited the Boat House for one of our evening meals. The food was incredible and I would say that it was the best restaurant I have ever been too! 
St. Helier was the capital of the island. As the capital, it boasted lots of shops and a great market which we also visited. I really enjoyed looking at all the shops and we were all happy when we found a Costa! We also visited Aqua Splash which is an indoor pool with a few water slides. I enjoyed our time at Aqua Splash and its atmosphere. 

Being a Tourist:
When we arrived at Jersey, we were overwhelmed with the amount of leaflets we had of all the top places to visit. Luckily, we managed to see the majority of the main attractions.

Elizabeth Castle was very fun. We reached the castle, which was on a little island, by travelling on a boat/jeep. The views were amazing and it was definitely more interesting than I thought it would be.

Jersey Pearl was by far the most luxurious part of the holiday. Selling real pearls at high prices, the shop was very fancy with a cafe built in too. Although I couldn't afford any of the jewellery on sale, I did pick my own unique pearl from an oyster. The experience was very memorable and I enjoyed the unknown of what pearl I would pick. Each pearl had a different colour, size and value.

Jersey War Tunnels was very interesting although there was a lot of reading to get through! We were all thankful though to get out of the rain! The tunnels were very well done and I learnt a lot of when the Germans came to Jersey during the second world war. The tunnels also had a large gift shop and a nice cafe upstairs in a separate building. 

La Mare Wine Estate was the place I least expected myself to enjoy but actually it was really interesting. Having never been on a wine tour before, I wasn't expecting much, but I really enjoyed it thanks to the chocolate tasting at the end! The tour guide was really friendly and she even gave me an apple juice when everyone else was swigging wine. The estate also make chocolates which I brought back with me and have yet to try. The vineyards were also really pretty and scenic. They also had 2 miniature ponies which were a surprise at the end! 

Durrell Wildlife Park was the thing I had looked forward to all of the holiday. We visited the park on the last day as this was the best day in terms of weather. The park was larger than I thought and there were lots of animals to look at. There was also lots of talks about the animals going on at different times of the day by the keepers. We decided to listen to the talk about the orangutans. I learnt a lot and we also saw them being fed too. It was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 
I think that this wildlife park is a must see if you are going to Jersey.


These are just a few of the places we went to and a few of the photos I took but I hope you have enjoyed today's post and have learnt something new about Jersey!
I had a lovely time and would recommend it to anyone! 
Thank you for reading and leave me a comment below if you have ever been to Jersey or where you went on your summer holiday this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment